Are you aware 21st June is the longest day in the northern hemisphere and the same day is celebrated as INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY?
And it is also known as Summer Solstice or Midsummer.
Since the year 2015, 21st June is celebrated as the International Yoga Day. This idea was a brainchild of the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which the United Nations General Assembly completely supported and declared officially.
Interestingly, it is also celebrated as Guru Recognition Day(a day when students, disciples honor and thank their teachers, mentors for all their guidance and teachings) in India, because according to ancient scriptures the Adi Yogi (the first Yogi – person who practices Yoga) assumed the role of Adi Guru (the first teacher) and imparted his disciples with the knowledge of Yoga. The disciples then spread this knowledge around the world. So it makes a lot of sense to commemorate this day by motivating more and more people to learn Yoga for their own well being.
All of us should join into this and reap the benefits of Yoga which are not just physically relevant but also impacts the mental and spiritual health of a person. And a healthy person is helpful in nature, like LGs helping others by contributing through Google Maps.
Wishing all of a you Happy International Yoga Day!
International Day of Yoga is seen on 21st June annually to spread awareness regarding the significance and consequences of yoga on the wellness of the people. The term ‘yoga’ is derived from Sanskrit which means to unite or to join.
Meditation is an early psychological bodily and religious practice that gives peace, calmness, courage, and confidence to the people whereby they could do actions in a way that is better. It is a state of stability. Yoga is practiced across the world in a variety of forms.
Let’s examine International Day of Yoga theme is celebrated, subject of 2018 its own history and how it’s celebrated throughout the world.
June 2015 for the very first time it had been celebrated on 21. This initiative was accepted by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi by providing an impactful speech linked to yoga on 27 September 2014 from the United Nations General Assembly and also because of this, on 21 June, it had been announced “International Yoga Day”. The suggestion to observe the International Yoga Day on 21 June at the USA was accepted by 193 members on 11 December 2014.
From the UN General Assembly, Narendra Modi stated “Meditation is a priceless gift of India’s historical heritage. It heightens well-being and unity of body and mind; action and thought; fulfillment and restraint; harmony between nature and man; a holistic approach to wellbeing. It isn’t about exercise but to find the feeling of oneness with the character, the planet and yourself. By generating consciousness and altering our way of life, it helps us cope with climate change. Let’s work towards embracing an International Yoga Day”.
It came that we understand about the advantages and some are imperceptible.
Do you get the history of Yoga day?
Around the globe, many gurus and yogis disperse yoga then on a big scale people. Yoga started to be analyzed in a subject’s kind, it came out that there are advantages of yoga. The few key points are described below to explain the importance of that day in our Indian Theme.
- Tens of thousands of individuals from all around the world have made it part of their everyday routine, although this is not a global phenomenon.
- Yoga was released in India because of pre-Vedic times. This has turned into a part of the Indians’ life span in recent years. Yoga is an important part of culture and culture where you will find properties of the two elements of humankind and religious profiling. This is a mixture of karma, knowledge, and dedication. Maharishi Patanjali’s donation to India is significant; he’s codified and coordinated yoga postures or clinics in the Yoga Sutras.
- 21 June is your day to pay homage. In addition, this is the day of this summer solstice. Throughout the June Solstice, the North Pole is tilted towards sunlight or we could say when the sun starts to go from north to south. From Yoga’s standpoint, this period is the transition interval, i.e. a much better time for meditation.
- In the period of Sankranti or Uttarayan (approximately 21st June), the Adiyogi (the initial yogi) left south, and he watched the seven royal sages who farther became his first disciples. The science of yoga propagated.
- It’s astonishing that June marks this event in history. This season in the Northern Hemisphere is this year’s day and it has particular significance in many areas of the planet.
- Make people aware of yoga’s benefits and join them.
- To decrease the speed of diseases.
- expansion, peace, and development across the world.
- Making people conscious of psychological and bodily disorders and providing solutions. – It intends to develop a tradition of meditation for peace of mind.
Just how many hours per individual ought to sleep a day?
Yoga postures or 21 yoga mudras for 35 minutes has been performed there. The service had created two Guinness World Records: the very first secondly the variety of nationalities from 84 nations and to be the yoga course. This award obtained by AYUSH Union Shripad Yesso Naik and was introduced to the Ministry of AYUSH.
About 21 June 2016, the AYUSH Ministry coordinated an occasion”The National Event of Mass Yoga Demonstration”, in Chandigarh, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Several other people engaged.
The subject of the International Day of Yoga 2016 has been”Join the Youth”.
10 Unknown customs of this Modern India
About 21 June 2017 in Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, International Day of Yoga was renowned in which other new documents were created. Individuals from across 150 nations participated and the amount of participants was around 51,000.
The subject of International Day of Yoga 2017 has been”Yoga for Health”
Yoga was performed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with fans.
Advantages of Yoga:
- Yoga creates mind and the body healthy.
- When yoga exercise is completed all of the health issues can be overcome.
- Yoga supplies reassurance that is mental, but also creates an atmosphere.
- because our lifestyle is changing daily, it’s also mandatory to perform yoga. It can help us to take care of the climate shift.
- Yoga provides strength to the portion and the muscles of the human body.
- The Respiration procedure gets wholesome; energy and energy are developed within the body through yoga.
- Maintains metabolism.
- aids maintain the cardio vascular system healthy and in reducing fat.
International Yoga day 2019:
On June 21, Yoga’s International Day is celebrated annually for the previous five decades to increase consciousness about the advantages of ancient practice. As’ International Day of Yoga’, the United Nations General Assembly announced on December 11, 2014, months after the idea had been suggested by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The resolution on an international Day’ has been released by the Ambassador of India to UN Asoke Mukerji and watched 177 countries linking as co-sponsors, the maximum amount for any General Assembly resolution. Adopted under the schedule of global Health and Foreign Policy,’ settlement 69/131 realized that Yoga” provides a holistic approach to wellbeing and well-being” and wider dissemination of data regarding its advantages could be helpful for the health of the planet population.
Theme for international yoga day 2019:
The subject for International Yoga Day 2019 is Climate Action also it’s going to be celebrated in the United Nations on Thursday (June 20) with”Yoga with Gurus,” followed by a panel discussion about 21 June.”Yoga is an early bodily, psychological and religious practice that originated in India. The term yoga’ derives from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, representing the union of consciousness and body,” that the UN says, admitting that Yoga” continues to increase in popularity” around the globe.
Undoubtedly yoga aid in cutting the health hard diseases all around the world. It connects people with one another, aids in receiving relief and in practicing meditation. It supplies a connection between the security of wellbeing. Thus, we also make it a portion of our own lives and must practice Yoga.
Assist with flexibility, improve your posture, strengthens your back and shield your spine. It increase blood circulation to all human body parts which makes you more happy, optimizes your own hormones, improve immunity boost your attention and makes you more effective.
Yoga tones your system can help you sleep helps toxins helps with difficulties and so on.
It makes you a much better individual, raises confidence, makes it possible to get in contact helps you and promotes self-esteem.
Yoga isn’t only about sporting a rob or performing handstands and sit Sukhasana. It is according to your own preference, goals and a whole lot greater than that, skills Yoga can be whatever that you wish to be.
[hrf_faqs category=’yoga day’]